Quote:
Originally Posted by Egwig View Post
Originally Posted by Swissforex

About jumping StopLoss..what does it mean "jumping"?I just can't figure out

10x a lot

this is really a good thread

have a nice Sunday!
Hi Swiss.

A jumping stop loss only moves after the price has traveled a set number of pips in the right direction.

For example, you could set the jump to be 10 pips then if the price moved 10 the stop would jump,

It would not move again till the price had gained another 10 pips.

A normal trail will move with each and every pip that the price gains.

Clear?;)

Egwig:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

Thank u mate
Old 25-11-2009, 10:35
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrp123 View Post
Brilliant

Many thanks Moondog
Good,
If anything fuzzy, just ask.
Moondog
Old 26-11-2009, 14:04
Level III Lasers Member

You making robots here too Steve? :D

hedgehog @ hohgch
Old 28-11-2009, 23:45
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Ashfx

This is a message for moondog, I see you did some great testing with steve hopwoods ashfx v2 EA.

Is there any chance you can share the set files for the modes 4 8 12 and 16. I am a bit confused in what you have actually done.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could so I can do some of my own testing.

Thanks in advance

Pete
Old 30-11-2009, 13:04
Level III Lasers Member

Default Still Having Problems

My robot is set on 4H, and I still get no trades...I do however get messages that says the "SIgnal candle is too long"..I find it hard to believe all signal candles are too long
Thanks for your Help...
Ron
Old 05-01-2010, 21:20
Level 1 Lasers Member

Hey Steve,

Thanks for sharing all of your work with us

Will you consider testing your EA in the Real Money Account competition between forex robots at www.forex-robots.com?. I think that you can make a statement there because yours is much better than many hiped forex robots.

Hope you will consider my suggestion

Michael
Old 05-01-2010, 21:41
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Hey Steve,

Thanks for sharing all of your work with us

Will you consider testing your EA in the Real Money Account competition between forex robots at www.forex-robots.com?. I think that you can make a statement there because yours is much better than many hiped forex robots.

Hope you will consider my suggestion

Michael
I will, when I am sure the details are all correct. I have bookmarked the site. Having said that, I would never sell the robot commercially. Ash gave this system freely; common morality suggests that a trading robot based on the system should also be free.

Just in case anyone here is not keeping up with my thread at FF, the latest version is attached.

:D
Old 15-01-2010, 03:24
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default nice..

am new here.. have used n tried many ea's.. wanna try ash :).. cheers.. :)
Old 02-02-2010, 17:41
Level 1 Lasers Member

Hi folks,
did somebody try the new version of the Ash EA by macman? If so is somebody using it on Alpari UK? I tried it but have no trades so far... Could somebody share a setfile, please? I donīt know whatīs the problem. :(
Best regards!

Last edited by Meister_Propper; 03-02-2010 at 11:07.
Old 09-02-2010, 19:24
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHopwood View Post
I know that some contributors to Ash's thread like to consult the higher tf, so this is a filter I am happy to add. Likewise the lower tf, both with turn-off options.

:)
Thanks for EA ...
This is shown in demo ...
I have a "criminal" 4-digit individual advice: Delete one "zero" From your parameters you already have other experiences?
Doing a test on EURUSD in a year is running only 2 trades ...
Thank you again Hello
Old 11-02-2010, 14:46
Level II Lasers Member

Hi All

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences with this system, and particularly to the creators of the system and EA.

I am backtesting at the moment, and seeing very few trades- znky, what parameters are you changing to rectify this? I'm on an Alpari demo account, a 5-digit broker.

Cheers
Charlie
Old 02-03-2010, 00:12
Level 1 Lasers Member

it works pretty well on 15TF, doing a forward test on gbpusd and eurusd
Old 02-03-2010, 03:04
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FokkerCharlie View Post
Hi All

I am backtesting at the moment, and seeing very few trades- znky, what parameters are you changing to rectify this? I'm on an Alpari demo account, a 5-digit broker.

Cheers
Charlie
Check out post #119 (data table), if you have not aleady done so, might help you select which pairs etc..
Old 02-03-2010, 09:14
Level 1 Lasers Member

hi Steve,
just curious, how does the hedge works, once activates what is going to happen
Old 04-03-2010, 22:55
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default robot not working

Hi there,

Just tried to use the robot in strategy tester but no trade at all
When I use it in Visual mode, and found that AO/AC/current candle colour is not changing at all, any idea ?

Cheers,

Ellis
Attached Thumbnails
Steve Hopwood's new AshFX V2 auto-trading robot-screen.jpg  
Old 05-03-2010, 06:32
Level 1 Lasers Member

Thanks, will place it on demo right away.

Quote:
Attached are the new version of my AshFX V2 trading robot and its associated user guide. The robot will trade any time frame. The user guide contains a description of the inputs. There is a section for coders at the end; I would appreciate your contributions about the points I raise there.

Three important points:
  1. I am assuming that anybody reading this has read enough of Ash's thread to be using the system manually. If this is not true in your case, then go to http://forexmoments.com/forums/syste...ersion-ii.html to catch up. Don't try to use the robot without this understanding because you will not understand what it is doing.
  2. Please keep discussion here limited to the activity of the robot. It is best to keep discussion of manual trading to Ash's thread where everyone can benefit from it, except when you are making points that could improve the robot's success.
  3. Although this is a auto-trading robot, I do not recommend leaving it unsupervised. At the start of each new candle, check that trades have been sent that you actually want. Check that part-close and stop loss manipulation is in accordance with your wishes and normal trading practises.

This robot is not yet running on my live account. I shall need a few weeks on demo first, to make sure everything is working correctly. It appears to be, but we never know what bugs are lurking until the bite us.

Significant improvements on my earlier attempts are these:
  1. The robot works :D
  2. It considers candle and wick lengths as part of the trade-filtering process. This needs refining.

The most helpful development this robot could make is to be able to take into consideration major points of support and resistance. This is a central feature of Ash's manual trading but I have no idea how to implement it into a trading robot. Any ideas from coders would be most welcome.

So, those of you interested in having a robot do the trading for you, put this one onto a demo and see how it goes.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:16
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingpan.lam View Post
Hi there,
Just tried to use the robot in strategy tester but no trade at all
When I use it in Visual mode, and found that AO/AC/current candle colour is not changing at all, any idea ?

Cheers,

Ellis
Mingpan.lam

Suggest that when your visual test period has completed then manually (insert indicators) add the AO & AC indicators to that visual test chart and then look back over the test period to see their colour changes.

This will also check that you have the AO and AC installed on your setup.

Then if you want to watch the indicators running during the visual test, just after pressing start, slow the visual test down to 0 (using speed bar next to visual box), insert the indicators and then set speed to max and watch what happens.

Moondog
Old 08-03-2010, 08:54
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default robot not working

Thks Moondog,

I tried what you mentioned, I also add the signal indicator by Swingman. It shows the signal and I can see AC/AO but still not working.

Cheers

mingpan.lam
Old 15-03-2010, 13:42
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingpan.lam View Post
Thks Moondog,

I tried what you mentioned, I also add the signal indicator by Swingman. It shows the signal and I can see AC/AO but still not working.

Cheers

mingpan.lam

Mingpan.Iam,

OK seems you have indicators installed.
Next stage suggestion would be that you post or PM me your .set file/settings and also confirm:-
a) 4 or 5 digit broker.
b) what Pair are you testing.
c) what TimeFrame.
I shall then try to repeat settings with 4 or 5 digit broker and look to see what is not happening, before looking at things outside of the EA.

Moondog
Old 10-09-2010, 19:28
Level 1 Lasers Member

Thanks Steve..for the EA. Cheers.
Old 10-09-2010, 22:54
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nora112 View Post
Thanks Steve..for the EA. Cheers.
You are welcome. Having said that, I do not trade this system or the ea, so I cannot speak for recent results. Nothing against the system; it just turned out not to suit my style. I have a partner thread at FF that also has versions of my ea that you might like to check out; I am not sure where the latest version is to be found.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:43
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default it's cool!!!

Not that long ago I've found this web page...There are a lot of interesting stuff for everyone!
But still I don't know if we can listen to their oppinion.
Please share your thoughts....
Thanks in advance...
Old 12-01-2011, 06:32
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
You are welcome. Having said that, I do not trade this system or the ea, so I cannot speak for recent results. Nothing against the system; it just turned out not to suit my style. I have a partner thread at FF that also has versions of my ea that you might like to check out; I am not sure where the latest version is to be found.

Hi all,

have somebody pls the settings for EURUSd TF Daily?
I dont have any results at backtesting?
Whats the best setting with lowest DD h1 or D1 TF??
Can i use this EA with real account by activetrades?:D

Regards gatowman